New arrests on the morning Jail Log at the Greene County Sheriff’s Department:
- April 10 – Blake Edward Lake, 28, Bloomington, Ind., was arrested on a Writ of Attachment. His bond was set at $1,000 cash only.
- April 10 – Stephanie Ann Stach, 38, Canton, Ohio, was arrested on a warrant issued on a petition to revoke a suspended sentence in a case involving felony theft. She was being held without bond.
- April 10 – Johnathon Fredrick Smedley, Jr., 25, French Lick, Ind., was arrested on a warrant issued on a preliminary charge of misdemeanor operating a vehicle without ever receiving a license. Greene County Jail Officer Darren McDonald was the arresting officer.
- April 10 – Brian L. Rogers, 42, Linton, Ind., was arrested on a preliminary charge of residential entry. His bond was set at $4,000 surety with ten percent allowed. Linton Police Officer Joe Riley was the arresting officer.
- April 11 – Tracy Lynn Stewart, 46, Linton, Ind., was arrested on a preliminary charge of misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $500 surety with ten percent allowed. She was released later the same day after posting bond. Linton Police Sgt. Logan Hobbs was the arresting officer.
Defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Individuals are booked into jail on warrants issued by courts or on “preliminary charges” based on recommendations of investigating or arresting officers. Charges may change when a new case is filed in court by the prosecutor who reviews the case and makes the charging decision.