When deputies arrived at the scene of a crash late Saturday night at Black Ankle and Mineral-Koleen roads, they found a 1975 Chevrolet pickup stuck in a ditch with the driver spinning the back tires, that were still on the roadway, in an attempt to leave the scene.
Greene County Sheriff’s Deputy Heather Wood, who responded along with Deputy Zachary Goad around 11:30 p.m. on June 30, reported the driver didn’t have a valid driver’s license and the truck didn’t have a license plate, but the driver did have a box of Coors Light by his side.
Bradley Darin Lackey, 40, of Bloomington, allegedly had burned the back tires down to bald from all the spinning.
A records check revealed the truck was registered to a woman from Bloomington and Lackey only had a state identification card as he had been adjudged an habitual traffic violator in 2016.
Officers detected the odor of an alcoholic beverage when speaking with Lackey and he allegedly said he had drank a couple of beers. Deputy Goad conducted field sobriety testing and reported Lackey failed them all.
The truck was towed and when inventoried, a green leafy plant material was located then sent to the lab for testing.
Lackey was transported to the sheriff’s department where he again reportedly failed more sobriety testing then refused a chemical test. Personnel from the Greene County Ambulance Service completed a blood draw after a search warrant was approved.
Lackey was arrested and booked in to the Greene County Jail where his bond was set at $12,500 surety with ten percent allowed. When he appears in court for his initial hearing, he will be charged with:
- Operating a vehicle after being an habitual traffic offender, a Level 6 felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a prior conviction, a Level 6 felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a Class C misdemeanor
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, a Level 6 felony
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, a Class A misdemeanor
- Possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor